From: Uzhgorod [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 3:16 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: SummerOfCode2005 "commons-math" project

Rostyslav Slipetskyy
Dobrianskogo St, 10/21,
Uzhgorod, Ukraine.

Hi!

I'm a 3rd year student of Computer Science Dept in "Kyiv-Mogyla University"
(Ukraine, Kyiv). I'm interested in the "commons-math" project of
SummerOfCode2005.

I am one of three members of a university ACM programming team. ACM
(Association of Computer Machinery) is a world-famous organization which
guides World Programming Contests. In September our team will fight for a
grant to the world semi-finals.

During numerous contests, I could see the advantages of well-written code
libraries. Moreover, our team felt huge unsufficience of :
 -- efficiently implemented
 -- fully documented
libraries which cover a wide range of different algorithmic areas.

That is why we started to implement Graph Library, which was our student
course paper at our university. The experience we gained, I really hope,
will help me to do well if I have the opportunity to take part in the
"commons-math" project.

We wrote our Graph Library using C/C++, but personally I know Java syntax,
and some percent of the contest problems during ACM contests we write on
Java.

Really a huge amount of ACM contest problems have in general mathematical
background. That is why I think I obtain some mathematical skills. Frankly
speaking, I have rather poor knowledge of Statistics :( , but I think I will
manage "to bridge this gap" :)

I'm really very interested in this project. It will a great chance for me to
try my programming skills in a real challenge.

Please, give me to know if the "commons-math" project is still available, if
my abilities and knowledge satisfy the needs to do this project, and if it
is possible for me to apply for this project.

Thank you!
Rostyslav