On 3/5/06, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 3/5/06, Martin Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > +1. Despite my general reluctance to break up the Commons community, I like
> > this. It creates a clearly focussed other-Commons that should leave both
> > communities healthy - and probably leave the current Commons more manageable
> > in the process.
>
> -1.
>
> I've no problem with grouping those components together, or the name
> of the grouping. It makes a lot of sense and fits nicely with HTTP
> Components and Web Components. Course the other one becomes
> BiggerCommonsComponents or Misc Components or something. Also, Jakarta
> File Components will want to have IO in along with FileUpload, VFS,
> Compress.

-1
I'm basically with Henri here. I am fine with Commons being like the
high school lunch cafeteria that naturally subdivides itself into
groups. Just like it doesn't matter that the jocks (almost) never
mingle with the chess club, they are both able to use the same
facilities without problems. There is no reason to administratively
enforce a separation.

> I'm +1 to the idea of splitting Commons up into groupings - provided
> we don't break up the community.

-0 to splitting into groupings, I'm fine with organizing the layout of
websites into groups that just cosmetic categories but I'm not going
to endorse anything that splits Commons developers.

--
Sandy McArthur

- Thomas Paine