Not a problem though. Anyone who has that setup will definitely put in
the effort to find out why it's deprecated and adjust their code.

Hen

On 6/21/07, Dennis Lundberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I can see one reason for not deprecating stuff in a point release. If
someone is really concerned about deprecation warnings, I would imagine
that they could set up their build system to fail if there are
deprecation warnings. A point release should be a drop in replacement.
So if you add deprecations to a point release it could, in this
scenario, possibly fail someone's build if they upgrade commons-io from
1.3.1 to 1.3.2.

Henri Yandell wrote:
> Sorry for being slow on this one.
>
> I'm with Jochen and Joerg in not getting why deprecation would
> indicate a minor release and not be allowed in a bugfix release. Sure
> it sucks that a new class is immediately being deprecated, but better
> to get such things out there now rather than waiting.
>
> Hen
>
> On 6/20/07, Stephen Colebourne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I requested one of two remedies:
>>
>> a) Release as 1.3.2, but undeprecate the static utility class
>> FileCleaner methods (they would be deprecated in 1.4). The static
>> methods can have comments added in 1.3.2 indicating the preferred
>> alternative.
>>
>> b) Release as 1.4.
>>
>> I also have no recollection of a release with an unresolved -1. I
>> would strongly prefer one of the two remedies to be applied.
>>
>> I also agree that we desperately need this to be properly agreed and
>> documented.
>>
>> Stephen

Dennis Lundberg