From: Mario Ivankovits [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 6 July 2006 4:50 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [commons vfs] ftp DefaultFileMonitor issue

Hi Tony!
>   DefaultFileSystemManager mgr = new DefaultFileSystemManager();

you can use the StandardFileSystemManager to avoid adding every provider
by hand. It will behave like VFS.getManager() then, just that you are
able to set the cache strategy before init().

org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.DefaultFileMonitor.addFile(DefaultFileMonito
> r.java:182)
>       at TestFileMonitor.main(TestFileMonitor.java:51)
> org.apache.commons.vfs.cache.OnCallRefreshFileObject
>       at

org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.ftp.FtpFileObject.getInfo(FtpFileObject.
> java:173)

The ClassCastException is the reason, I committed a fix for this,
though, I have no time to test it yet.
Could you please do this.

You have to checkout VFS from SVN and use ANT to build the stuff.

Thanks!
Ciao,
Mario