[snip]

> URIs are classified in opaque URIs and hierarchical URIs ; the uri1 in
> your example is hierarchical, the uri2 is opaque, but it looks like a
> hierarchical URI ; what we can't do with opaque URIs ? well... resolving
> a relative URI regarding it

Ok, that's a good point. I believe it would still be possible for VFS to
transform an opaque URI object into an internal hierarchical layered URI,
but fine I now understand the point.

As I mentioned in my first mail, the reason I'm asking all these questions
is because I need to take the decision as to whether to use the URI class in
Cargo or a String object. From what you say I think a URI would still work
and I would call resolveFile() passing it myURI.toString().

Thanks for your help,
-Vincent