FWIW, I now think we should use Strings and not URIs... :-) (see
http://tinyurl.com/f6uu4 for the reasons).

The main reason is that I'd like Cargo end users to use the "c:/tmp" syntax
to represent a file and new File(new URI("c:/tmp")) doesn't work as the
scheme is "c" and not "file". Using "file://c:/tmp"

Thanks
-Vincent