I am not sure whether this proverb (?) can express
my feelings and one of my principles, however, I am
willing to put it here:

"Condemn the offense but not the offender."
( Tsumi wo nikun de, hito wo nikuma zu )

--

This principle might be really adaptable to Open Source
Software Communities, I suspect.

By the way,

--

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:58:35 +0200
Stefano Mazzocchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't want to drag this along forever, but I feel I need to be
> precise because I don't want email communication to make it drier
> than it is.

Likewise :-)

> I understand and respect your feelings and positions, but I also would
> like you to know that I was not sad, nor angry, just disappointed by
> what happened over at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yes, I hope such a kind of things should *never* happen in this
(apatchy) community in the future. Smell of conspiracy :)

I will not be able to that (newsletter editor) wonderful task to the
others if there will be any opinions occured at infrastrucure@
*whenever* someone publish apache newsletter
(maybe this should be renamed.. trauma)....

> > Yes, I knew that you did really take care of the
> > mood of "community" and i suspect that you apologized
> > because of it. However, it made me sad at the same time.
> You shouldn't be.

Stefano, anyone can not stop their the emotional reactions.
Remember, that there are some people who think it really
guilty to make the others incriminated (without criminal charge)
by their actions.

> As you see, there are many sides all the time and it's really hard to
> find a balance.

Agreed.

> >> Calling the ASF beaurocratic shows only how low your ability to
> >> understand and adapt to a much more complex system is.
> > No, I did not declare. I am now talking about the
> > *beaurocracy* with the people in japanese government.
> > Most of my juniors (Kouhai) / seniors (Sempai) are
> > government officials.
> > That's it.
> Oh, then if I misinterpreted your comments. Sorry for that.

Okeydokey. Japanized bearocratic system is (IMO) very
interesting theme for those who want to make a study of
"bureaucratism", "organization", etc., I am sure.
Each components (government officials) are very genious
and elite. Really genious. However, they are inclined to be
"rationalism" and "careerism". In Economics term (or maybe the
same goes for the conceptualized Supply Chain Management),
it can be explained by these:
"Constrained Optimization"/"Partial Optimization"

--

Again,

"Condemn the offense but not the offender."
( Tsumi wo nikun de, hito wo nikuma zu )

Without this principle, e-mail communication might
soon end up with the meaningless controversies, and
full of frastrations....

... We are cleverer than yesterday :-) ...

Thank you,

Tetsuya.

P.S. Yes, I think I should "take a rest" for a while.
I will unsubscribe all the -dev lists which I am now participating,
and travel (Not for Yoga in Mt. Fuji :-) in the next month..
I want to go to Okinawa and Kyoto)