Sigh.

Ok, this is a little late, but...

Before I read this thread, I put a link to the Gump feed in the sidebar for Planet Apache. I also posted why I chose to do this. My biggest issue with the Gump feed was that it was drowning out (by volume) the postings by people. I personally would be happy to see project related feeds go into Gump -- one of the factors that influenced me to put the link back was a comment that Andy Oliver left on my blog regarding project related feeds. I also stated, and repeat that a feed which consisted of a summary of the gump run on a once a day basis would also be acceptable (at least to me).

I also regard a lot of what we are doing with Planet as an experiment, so I expect that we will try a bunch of things and change our minds (perhaps multiple times). I hope that either Thom or I will get the code base for Planet checked into the planet CVS soon, so that we can start some additional experiments with it. I see possible connections to some of the things Stefano has done in the past with Agora, and there's certainly a tie in with krell.

At the moment (meaning until I think of more), my personal goals for Planet are to encourage the growth of the ASF community both qualitatively (and this would include project communications) and quantitatively, and to show the outside world a bit more of a personal face.

Ted