Niclas Hedhman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> It is said that "ASF is ALL about the Community, not about code.",
> and if you are to live up to that, you must allow for people to
> 'socialize' and 'share experiences' with fellow ASFers in all
> aspects of life. That fosters a comradeship and a feeling of being
> 'part of' a community, not just free labor to forward a codebase.

It's possible to have communities elsewhere that are not part of
Apache.  The Tcl community, for instance is really a very good one.
The newsgroup is still the primary means of comunication, due in no
small part to the calm, friendly, helpful nature of even the most
expert participants.

I don't think it would make sense to have extra Tcl mailing lists with
the ASF, even if there were more of us - we already have a Tcl
community elsewhere.  From what I've seen, the Python community at
large is pretty good, too.

--
David N. Welton
   Apache Tcl: http://tcl.apache.org/