> If you are 'stuck' running the infrastructure, why don't you
> let others help you?

The Infrastructure Team has put out requests for help for over a year on
things that would really help.  There have been a number of people added
over the past year, who work on specific areas, such as JIRA, the Wiki, etc.

Since last Fall we have added a number of additional root people (and will
add one more this week).  Unfortunately, we have also grown significantly,
and some of the people who previously did root work have curtailed their
level of involvement, so it may not have been a net gain.

infrastructure@ is the right, and obvious, place.

> When eyebrowse broke down (e.g. for the Turbine lists), I asked on
> infrastructure@ and offered to help getting it back up

> However, it seems that "living in Silicon Valley" seems to be an
> indispensable prerequisite to be considered as a helper for
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The two people who currenly do the most with the mailing lists are Berin
Lautenbach and myself.  I am three time zones ahead of Silicon Valley, and
Berin is half-way around the world.  The current noise about needing people
in Silicon Valley has to do with work at the colo center on installing new
machines.

> Just being part of the community doesn't seem to be enough.

No, but you do have to be an ASF Member to have access to the mail server
because it provides you with access to otherwise confidential information.
Similarly for root access.

        --- Noel