Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

Le 25 août 04, à 15:53, Sam Ruby a écrit :

...What Jim meant when he said that is that people should STOP saying things like "I am begging you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and "God help us all.", and START making concrete suggestions on how the policy itself should change...

So how about: a) In principle, only logos from IT-related [1] entities are accepted

-1. First of all, what's non-IT company's fault so it gets discriminated like that? Are they somehow "second class" and "do not deserve" to be mentioned? Second of all, I just don't see any logical justification behind this suggestion.

b) Logos from other entities might be accepted if a vote among ASF members is more than X percent positive (suggest 80%)

"we will take your bandwidth, thank you, but your logo too sucky to be ever shown on our page". That's not the message I'd like ASF to show to the world out there.

Vadim

In this way, the basic rule is simple and we still allow exceptions when they make sense to a large majority of the ASF members.

WDYT?

-Bertrand

[1] for example: IT companies, other open-source projects, universities, ISPs, gov agencies, etc.