I suggest we simply drop the logos and hypertext links for all the mirrors.

We say that people who want to "give back" to Apache shouldn't care if we put
an @author "link" in the source code. (And I agree.)

So why not say that mirrors who want to "give back" to Apache shouldn't care if
we link to their site or display their logo? Are they giving back for the
benefit of our community, or because of "fascination with the Apache brand"?

Apparently, only 38 of 200+ mirrors have submitted a logo. If most don't care
about the logo, would they care about the link?

We could keep a plain-text list of the mirrors in the apache.org/dev section,
for reference, along with our machines and so forth. But I don't see that we
need to give corporations that contribute bandwidth more credit than
individuals who contribute patches, code, and user support.

If the infrastructure@ team determines that there is a service issue with a
mirror, either because of downtime or excessive corporate blacklisting,
infrastructure@ could decide to remove it on technical grounds.

-Ted.