Quoting H. Nikolaus Schaller (2017-11-07 14:47:42)
> It is less money compared to the budget Purism now has. 2 Mio USD...
> We just would need to convince them to help to finish the GTA04A5...
> It would be just 1% for them.
>
> Of course we must define what the benefit for Purism would be.
> Hm. For example, they could go into the annals of open source as the
> hero who rescued the GTA04A5 project to build on it.

A possible incentive for Purism might be if GTA04A5 could deliver fast.

The fate of Librem 5 hangs on multiple (arguably thin) threads, one of
which being existence of Phone-oriented software for Mainline linux, and
if geeks had access *soon* to a tinkerphone, that would likely boost
developer time poured into KDE and GNOME and Enlightenment and other
efforts in supporting Phone environments.

Can you try estimate a timeframe of realizing GTA04A5, from the moment
money is magically no longer an issue?

 - Jonas

P.S. I am hired by Purism, but do not represent them here (expect me to
very explicitly state so if I ever get the priviledge of representing
Purism or any other corporation).