I just love it when we all get together and you tell people what a lousy-looking garden Lincoln had.....
                                                               ----McG
----- Original Message ----- From: "Libby J. Goldstein" <[email protected]>
To: "Mike McGrath" <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2009 3:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Community_garden] Interesting request--any 'military gardens' out there?


Yo guys,

During the Ford administration, there were initiatives for gardening on federal and state public lands. Maybe they forgot to x them out, and there are still documents/orders of some sort permitting/ encouraging such garden sites.

You know how bureaucrats hate to change things and just let them lapse. Couldn't hurt to check out the Ford years and "Whip Inflation Now".

Yeah, I've been in community gardening since then. Wild isn't it?

Libby



.
On Feb 7, 2009, at 10:58 AM, Mike McGrath wrote:

I just got the following email. Intriguing, eh? Does anybody out there know of any such inclinations or examples?

   Reply to me and I'll keep Nick in the loop...

Hello Mike McGrath--I live in a condo, and therefore, cannot have a garden. However, I work for the Federal government, at the US Naval Observatory. They have plenty of good land to garden on.

My question is this: Do you know of any government rules or initiatives that encourage community gardening on Federal land? I'd be willing to start a simple garden and donate 1/2 the crop to charity, and then keep the other 1/2 for myself or my fellow gardeners. The commander of the base is a very by the book sort of person, and I could get them to go along with a garden if there was a federal initiative encouraging gardening on federal lands.

Thanks very much for reading this email.

Nick Stamatakos




_______________________________________________
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http:// www.communitygarden.org

To post an e-mail to the list: [email protected]

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: http:// list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/ community_garden_list.communitygarden.org

"I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired." Fanny Lou Hamer



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://list.communitygarden.org/pipermail/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org/attachments/20090207/5107ff49/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org

To post an e-mail to the list:  [email protected]

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org





_______________________________________________
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's 
services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out 
how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org

To post an e-mail to the list:  [email protected]

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription:  
http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org

Reply via email to