On 3/19/07, Don Dailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm testing a future Anchor player for CGOS.  I am calling
it FAT for Future Anchor Test!

It plays fixed depth and I pre-calculated what level to make
it play at 1800 strength.  I came pretty close,  Fat-25 is
playing at 1836 at the moment and doesn't require too much
CPU power.   It's Lazarus scaled down to play fast.

Isn't AnchorMan a program that plays pure MC with uniformly random
(unbiased except for eyeflll) moves?

Then it would be good to have as 2nd anchor a program that plays
pure UCT with pure MC and nothing fancy.

If parameters like #simulations and exploration coefficient are fixed,
then people can test their own implementations by seeing if they can
closely match this UCT anchor in rating.

I'm assuming here that it wouldn't take that much computing power to
make such a program play at an 1800 rating.

regards,
-John