smaller territory fills first.

Cheers,
David

On 26, Jul 2007, at 8:25 PM, terry mcintyre wrote:

Where does the two-point penalty come from? It's not directly stated in the rules, so presumably it emerges from the four simple rules. Actually, neither the two-point penalty nor Komi are meaningful - there is no "count" to which any penalties could be added or subtracted. Passing, suicide, and superko are prohibited. Available moves eventually diminish to zero. The person with the smallest territory loses, unable to make a legal move.

Terry McIntyre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster

----- Original Message ----
From: David Doshay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: computer-go <computer-go@computer-go.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 8:02:17 PM
Subject: Re: [computer-go] Differences..

Willing to accept the "intuitive proof" for the moment, what I see is
that
the key differences are that

1) there is no komi (black giving points to white for playing first)
2) there is a 2 point penalty for each living group.

Otherwise it does look like this is similar to any other Go rules that
include positional super-ko.

My favorite line:

"this is a great book if you're a serious mathematician, and a
completely
baffling one otherwise."

Cheers,
David