I have pondered about this before however that page's proposal
furthermore changes the value of captures. If black captures x stones,
he may play at these x spots up to x times (depending on other and
size of eyes), avaraging one per capture, at the very most. In both
[territory + captures] (japanese) versus [territory + live stones]
(chinese) rules the value per capture is 2. In order to make the
mathematical go more similar one should force the other player to play
an additional [difference in captures + signed komi] stones before
being declared winners. This would be equivalent to just playing til
neither player has legal moves and then count the live stones and
komi. The remaining eyes is what chinese also covers. This would also
handle Nick Wedd's excellent problem.