On 12/4/07, Chris Fant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Where can one play the latest versions of MoGo or other, similarly
> > > strong programs?
> >
> > But Mogo is now a free program.    You can get a copy, find some good
> > hardware and play at 9x9 and 19x19.
> >

> But the released version is probably not the latest.

Most strong bots will probably re-release when significant
enhancements have been made.  I think recent MoGo updates have been to
support enhanced hardware (AKA, use MPI).  On a normal computer, I'd
assume it plays at about the same level.

What I consider more of an issue is that MoGo seems to be very
sensitive to (undocumented) configuration options.  Such issues
probably exist with all engines.  It'd probably be smarter to set up a
day where strong bots would connect to CGOS and invite dan-level
players to challenge them.