On 4, Dec 2007, at 3:59 AM, Robert Jasiek wrote:

When will we see the strong programs entering real world tournaments?

When tournament organizers allow and encourage it! At this time AGA rules are that games against computers are not counted in a human player's ranking.

The Cotsen Open allows programs to enter, so I am there every year, with SlugGo presently entered as a 10 kyu on a full board. SlugGo has won against 8 Kyu and lost to 12 kyu players.

I am expecting that there will be something happening at the US Go Congress 2008 in Portland.

Cheers,
David