Don Dailey wrote:
I saw that you made an illegal move! The way to do this is to the take the viewing client and hack it. Then you would get a nice gui and legal move testing (at the least the
package to do legal move testing is there even if it's not being used.)

If you are typing your moves in manually,  you could at least pull the
object oriented gogame package out and use it to verify the moves so you
don't mistype an illegal move.   It's dirt simple to use.

I could probably do a gui since I plan to build a graphical engine
client anyway.    But I don't really want humans playing except as a
special experiment.

- Don
Note that the "gtpdisplay" tool that comes with gogui does this already. You enter moves in the GUI, and they are sent as reply to the "genmove" command.

http://gogui.sourceforge.net/doc/reference-gtpdisplay.html

Rémi