You must also avoid suicide moves!     I also tried playing on top of an
existing stone and it didn't allow that - but any other kind of illegal
move (by cgos rules) is passed through and causes a CGOS forfeit.

There is a config file option,  perhaps there is way to configure it to
a particular set of rules?

- Don