> We would like to find a way to cooperate with the traditional go-
> community with little friction. What do you think?

We should cooperate with the Go community as it concerns rules and
whether computers are allowed to compete.  We should never pressure
players to play against computers.

It's completely understandable that some will feel threatened as
computers continue to improve.   But it's really not a threat to the
game in any way.   If you look at other games, you will see that
computers did not hurt them,  if anything they helped advertise the
game.   You will see that the chess community, as well as the computer
chess community is thriving.   The checkers community was never huge,
but it has not been damaged either.

I also think "they" have to be reasonable.  If one man asks you to stop,
he cannot speak for the whole GO community. He can speak for himself.

Everything is in the presentation.  I have found there are ways to deal
with resistance,  ask any chess programmer who has been around more than
a decade.   Always remember that some will be fearful and show them
respect and dignity.  They have their reputation and they know they are
fallible and mortal even when others exaggerate their greatness.

Oh,  and money never hurts.  It shows respect for them because they are,
after all, professionals which means it is how they make a living.

Whether they cooperate or not, computers will continue to improve so
it's not like anything they will do really affects that.

- Don