> Yes.  I use Sylvain's fpu and decrease it a little before starting a
> simulation, say, fpu *= 0.99.  This is very simple and fast.

Ok. Perhaps I'm wrong (I might misunderstand your solution and I might be
wrong
whenever I've understood :-) ); but
- I think that this does not avoid redundancies in the tree, if I understand
well.
- also, even in a final node in a tree, it does not avoid redundancies for
moves
  which have already been simulated.
- finally, in a final node in a tree and for moves which have not yet been
simulated,
  it only avoid redundancies if 0.99 is sufficiently small.

Avoiding redundancies is very important in SMP parallelization. The limited
speed-up
of MPI parallelization in 9x9  is also probably due to redundancies, but for
that we have no
good solution - whereas in 19x19 (or even 13x13), the speed-up of the MPI
parallelization is great (both
in our results and other published papers), in 9x9 it is limited.

Best regards,
Olivier