Van: computer-go-boun...@computer-go.org namens Ryan Grant
Verzonden: vr 16-1-2009 3:55
Aan: computer-go
Onderwerp: Re: [computer-go] Re: Hardware limits

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 8:47 AM, steve uurtamo <uurt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> this isn't an asymptotic problem requiring an algorithmic
> solution.  this is a fixed-size board requiring a "best of show"
> answer.  whoever gets there, however they get there, deserves
> to win, as long as the machines are choosing their own
> moves.

scalability is still essential and beautiful.
the "unlimited class" winner will always be important.

hardware access is very unevenly distributed.
yet access to hardware currently matters in every tournament.
some people like that part of the game, some don't.

there is the potential for people in this community to speak up
and create a culture that rewards good algorithm design as much
as possible.  to do so requires at least noticing hardware power.

--
- Ryan