Petr Baudis wrote:
  Hi!

  Is there some "high-level reason" hypothesised about why there are
no successful programs using neural networks in Go?

  I'd also like to ask if someone has a research tip for some
interesting Go sub-problem that could make for a nice beginner neural
networks project.

  Thanks,

At the time when it was fashionable, I would have sold my pattern-Elo stuff as a neural network, because, in neural-network jargon, it is in fact a one-layer network with a softmax output. Since the development of support-vector machines, neural networks have been considered completely obsolete in the machine-learning community. From a marketing point of view, it is not a good idea to do research on neural networks nowadays. You must give your system another name.

Rémi