From: Computer-go [mailto:computer-go-boun...@computer-go.org] On Behalf Of
Olivier Teytaud
Sent: 27 January 2016 20:27
To: computer-go <computer-go@computer-go.org>
Subject: Re: [Computer-go] Mastering the Game of Go with Deep Neural Networks
and Tree Search

Congratulations people at DeepMind :-)

I like the fact that alphaGo uses many forms of learning (as humans do!):
- imitation learning (on expert games, learning an actor policy);
- learning by playing (self play, policy gradient), incidentally generating
games;
- use of those games for teaching a second deep network (supervised learning);
- real time learning with Monte Carlo simulations (including Rave ?).
==> just beautiful :-)