On 1/27/16 12:08 PM, Aja Huang wrote:

<mailto:ajahu...@google.com>>:

    Hi all,

    We are very excited to announce that our Go program, AlphaGo, has
    beaten a professional player for the first time. AlphaGo beat the
    European champion Fan Hui by 5 games to 0. We hope you enjoy our
    paper, published in Nature today. The paper and all the games can be
    found here:

    http://www.deepmind.com/alpha-go.html

The paper is freely available to download at the bottom of the page.
https://storage.googleapis.com/deepmind-data/assets/papers/deepmind-mastering-go.pdf

Aja

    AlphaGo will be competing in a match against Lee Sedol in Seoul,
    this March, to see whether we finally have a Go program that is
    stronger than any human!

    Aja

    PS I am very busy preparing AlphaGo for the match, so apologies in
    advance if I cannot respond to all questions about AlphaGo.

Congratulations on your achievement. While scanning the web articles yesterday, I came across this one:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-27/google-computers-defeat-human-players-at-2-500-year-old-board-game

It states that the winner of the March match gets $1mil. This is the only reference to any prize I have found. Is it correct?

Thank you,
Michael

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Blue_Dot