Is this similar to measuring how many draws for games like chess and
checkers?

In checkers at the top levels, most games are draws.

In chess, the top programs draw a lot more than they used to.   I ran a
match against my program Komodo and Stockfish and almost half of the games
were draws.

Unfortunately the meaning and difficulty of a draw varies from game to game
and in some games a draw is not possible, in others a draw is much less
likely because of the nature of the game.

Don