-----Original Message-----
From: Computer Guys Discussion List
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve Rigby
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 3:54 PM
To: COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] Where's my computer?

On Jul 8, 2008, at 4:08 PM, gerald wrote:

> the whole purpose of advertising is to sell people what they don't
> need.

   Maybe.  Maybe not.  The "Lo-Jack"(tm) concept began with the
automobile.  Cars do get stolen and car theft is a problem.  With my
car, there would be no need for such.  Within a very short period of
time, the service would cost me more than the car is worth.  Someone
else, however, with a different car and in a different locality may
view things otherwise.

   Steve

**
**  policy, calmness, a member map, and more at http://www.cguys.org/