Valid points. But email comes from the cloud anyway, so it's tough to
argue that one. I mean, why delete an important email from the cloud?
Then you're relying on your own backup methods to preserve it.

Also, today's cloud _does_ offer multiple locations and backups. Which
systems were you having so much trouble with? How long ago? Don't you
think they've improved things at all?