>Is the online software free? Does it require a subscription? I own
>licenses to what I need, and prefer to avoid subscriptions. Where's the
>ever-present affordable broadband? Not here. I do store data remotely,
>but can't get to it whenever I need it, so must plan ahead for access.

Not free, but a heck of a lot cheaper and for some projects even more
capable. Of course this will now start a round of DC bashing by the WFBs.

http://www.gcn.com/print/27_28/47565-1.html

"Washington DC latest to drop Microsoft for web apps"
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20081012-washington-dc-latest-to-drop-
microsoft-for-web-apps.html

"Washington D.C. has joined 500,000+ businesses and organizations in
moving its communication and productivity tools into the cloud. Vivek
Kundra, CTO for the District, signed an agreement with Google to migrate
the organization's 38,000 employees to Google Apps, the search
giant's web-based offering of communication and productivity tools.
Washington D.C. is a not-insignificant win for Google, and yet another
blow to Microsoft's incumbent Office suite, as a surge of web apps
steadily replaces their desktop counterparts."