Maybe not worldwide expectations, but company wide. I finally said screw that when the owners wouldn't listen to common sense.

So I guess I can count you out as Secretary of Commerce?

Too bad.  Well, it isn't a job I'd take either.

Maybe you'd like Secretary of Intransigence.  I've always felt
that it made me a better leader to have some difficult people
on my team.  After all it is a compliment to have people that
disagree with you actually wanting to work with you.

Discernment, and all that.