> Anyway, back to your comments and something someone else wrote. I
> truly believe in hydrogen research. It's global warming friendly. And
> I don't know why that other someone said it was foolish. In fact was
> also wondering why they called biodiesel foolish. A friend uses it
> with no problems

That was me. Whether it works as a fuel is not the only issue.

Hydrogen is a near-perfect fuel, but there's no obvious way to produce it
efficiently. All the methods we know about either produce greenhouse gases,
are too expensive, require more energy than you get from the hydrogen, or
aren't practical for large-scale production. We'd need a cheap,
nonpolluting, energy-efficient way to produce hydrogen on a massive scale,
and there are no immediate prospects of this (none that I've heard of,
anyway). Maybe someone will come up with one, but so far it doesn't look
good.

Biodiesel creates essentially the same greenhouse gases that oil does when
it's burned. It could theoretically replace oil, but it does nothing to help
with the climate change problem, so it's not the solution either.