On Aug 8, 2009, at 8:08 PM, Rev. Stewart Marshall wrote:
Tom many non-profits have very slim line budgets a few people on their staff and many many volunteer workers.

Yes, bad management tends to be a problem. I recently watched a once prosperous church go through a change in management. New managers crowed about reforming past practices to run things in a more business-like manner. Long-time members became furious and contributions dried up. Long time volunteers and staff retired "early." New staff wants to be paid and leaves punctually at 5PM. The place definitely feels more business like.

You may continue to attack me for advocating good management.