Yes, people without insurance, if they can afford the care, they are called
"private patients" and pay much more than the ones who are insured. The docs,
my colleagues, love them... In psychiatry, since the insurance coverage is so
minimal even people who can barelly afford go the "private way"...
psychiatrists love it. The other day I saw the paper work required from someone
trying to have insurance. Unbelievable how much information the industry
wants... if there is anything, I mean a mild depression when you lost your
mother twenty years ago , you are denied. And the people who want to change
insurances and in the mean time have gotten a cronic disease? They canĀ“t even
change jobs... What a mess!

I will sound radical but medicine is not an activity that can be for profit. If
you want to be a doctor this should not be your main motivation. Of course you
like to earn a living with some confort... But money should not be your main
motivation. If this is the case, get an MBA and become a banker...

The same with hospitals and insurances... they can not be for profit.

As simple as this

Marcio MD