On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 12:20 PM, mike <xha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I never gave a set of standards, Tom, but then you know that.  And I'm not
> surprised a leftist like you would consider Pot free of evil, the track
> record for progressives embracing guys like this are abundant.

  Let us not leave out the abundant record of our non-progressive
conservatives.  For example, how the Reagan administration linked up
with Pol Pot almost immediately after winning the election, even prior
to actually taking office on January 20, 1981.  They just couldn't
wait to jump into the genocidal arms selling game on behalf of their
tools of warfare buddies by sending Ray Cline, foreign policy advisor
on Reagan's transitional team and former CIA deputy director to
Cambodia to get cozy with the murderous dictator.

  Steve