On Feb 3, 2010, at 3:13 PM, rocky lee wrote:
Apple requests removal of USB functionality for file transfer from developer.

This lack of interchange is the #1 iPhone/iTouch/iPad deficiency. I understand why Apple is so extreme about protecting their product, but I wish they could find a better way. The thing that made the iPod so appealing was that I could easily fill it with my own content. If the Apple Store were the only source of MP3s I don't think the iPod would have been successful.