> Did anyone notice that most drawing programs are operated using a
> mouse and that moving a mouse requires the use of one's entire arm,
> including a whole bunch of fingers. Both mouse and arm are
> considerably larger than a finger. Yet it works fine.

I can't believe you said this seriously.

The key isn't the size of the pointing device (be it arm, mouse, stylus, or
finger), it's how much of the screen is hidden by the pointing device. The
mouse may be large, but, unless you have a very
strange way of using it, it doesn't cover any of the screen. A stylus covers
very little of the screen. A finger covers quite a lot.