> > To be fair there are a few surface' platforms out there but not many.  Has
> > anyone ever seen one in use?
>
>   Yeah, on TV shows and in movies, thanks to CGI and animation.
>
>   Steve

Well, it's not quite THAT bad. They do exist, and they are in use. I know that
some hotels use them (Sheraton is one). They're also in some Hard Rock Cafes
and (I've heard) in Disneyland. MSNBC used
one during its election coverage. And, of course, MS uses them in its own
retail stores.

I've seen them (and used them) myself many times, although not in the wild,
only at MS events.

If you have $12,500 that you're tired of carrying around, you can buy one today
for yourself.