On Apr 1, 2010, at 7:23 AM, phartz...@gmail.com wrote:
Not a chance.  Do you actually think that it would be preferable for
workers in close proximity to one another to use phones to communicate
with one another as opposed to merely speaking to each other?  That is
the stuff of teenage lifestyles

I have been sending emails to people who sit right next to me for over 20 years. It is effective and considerate. I'm not barging in with a demand that my question come first. It lets them queue me up and reply as appropriate.