On 03/21/2012 08:30 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-03-21 at 09:23 -0400, Scott Talbert wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 Mar 2012, Phil Dibowitz wrote:
>>
>>> + $(install_sh_DATA) start_concordance_dhcpd.sh \
>>> +   $(DESTDIR)$(sysconfdir)/udev/
>>> + $(install_sh_DATA) start_concordance_dhcpd_wrapper.sh \
>>> +   $(DESTDIR)$(sysconfdir)/udev/
>>>
>>> These shouldn't go in /etc/udev - they're executable scripts. These should
>>> go
>>> in $sbindir. You'll of course need to update the udev rule itself as well
>>> when
>>> you move these.
>>
>> The reason for putting these in $(sysconfdir)/udev was so that udev could
>> find them without having to hard-code the path to them.  This directory
>> seems to be the place where udev-related scripts get stored.  If we move
>
> On my up-to-the-minute F17, where presumably stuff is in the location
> udev authors intend, such scripts seem to be in /usr/lib/udev (note:
> _not_ $libdir/udev - they're in /usr/lib/udev on 32-bit and 64-bit).

Scott, good point.

Adam, I think that's because Fedora has unified / and /usr... For me, they're
in /lib/udev which should be true for a wider variety of users. And Fedora
should have a symlink from /lib to /usr/lib.

--
Phil Dibowitz                             p...@ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
 and those who matter don't mind."
 - Dr. Seuss