Am 15.05.2013 13:17, schrieb Marcel Holtmann:
Hi Simon,

+        boolean P2P [readwrite]
+
+            This option allows to enable or disable the support
+            for P2P wireless network also known as WiFi Direct.
+
+            When P2P is enabled scanning will scan for P2P peer
+            clients as well.

Ok

+
+        string P2PIdentifier [readwrite]
+
+            This option allows to set the name of the device
+            used in P2P communication.

Why not using system's hostname directly? At least as a default value.
I remember we had the same discussion about wifi tethering SSID.
Btw, you might add that this is available only for wifi technology.

Good idea. Will add the mark as both properties being available for wifi
technology only.

I would actually prefer we are not trying to overload the technology interface.
Can we just create a new technology for P2P. Then on/off switch is simple and
straight forward. Also the identifier can come from hostnamed and its pretty
name.

But isn't P2P bound to the wifi technology? Cause when wifi is off we can't enable P2P.

regards,
Simon

--
Simon Busch - http://mm.gravedo.de/blog/