Hi Simon,

>>> Good idea. Will add the mark as both properties being available for wifi
>>> technology only.
>>
>> I would actually prefer we are not trying to overload the technology
>> interface. Can we just create a new technology for P2P. Then on/off switch
>> is simple and straight forward. Also the identifier can come from hostnamed
>> and its pretty name.
>
> But isn't P2P bound to the wifi technology? Cause when wifi is off we can't
> enable P2P.

that is for us to solve internally. Not a problem of the end user.

However the way this works is that the WiFi hardware needs to be activated. The
actual wlan0 netdev for example can be happily be down for P2P operation. The
phy itself does not have an on/off switch besides RFKILL.

So yes, rfkill WiFi, will also rfkill P2P, but so be it. We can still enforce
WiFi off by keeping the wlan0 netdev down and only using P2P. It just means
that if one of these technologies is enabled, the phy has to be enabled (and
not rfkilled).

Regards

Marcel