Am I seeing the same problem?

opendaylight-user@root>feature:install odl-openflowplugin-flow-services-ui
Uncaught error from thread
[opendaylight-cluster-data-akka.remote.default-remote-dispatcher-8] shutting
down JVM since
'akka.jvm-exit-on-fatal-error' is enabled for
ActorSystem[opendaylight-cluster-data]
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Direct buffer memory
        at java.nio.Bits.reserveMemory(Bits.java:693)
<snip>

**note, I did nothing scale-ish**

I wanted to try to debug why our clustering is broken in master. I took the
latest
carbon snapshot distro, ran the  cluster config script and installed
odl-jolokia + odl-openflowplugin-flow-services-ui

then I got a coffee and came back to all three nodes dead.

JamO