Anne et Bertrand wrote:

> Le 2002.02.02 13:13, Miguel Beccari a écrit :
>
>> Anne et Bertrand wrote:
>

>> Theese are the REQUIREMENTS to compile the last kernel package.
>>
>> Of course you can build them from src.rpm, but I say: they are
>> requirements only, your goal have to be compiling the kernel.
>

> I recompile the src.rpm of cooker because I don't want to upgrade glibc
> and glibc-devel (it's far too big for my 56k modem)...

Honestly glibc and glibc-devel are not stricly required, but I preferred
to upgrade them because a reason of 'clear upgrade': don't wanna loose
time with a failure compiling (I have a 8Mbit link).

> I just hacks specs when I've got some errors (that's what happened with
> binutils.src.rpm, but it was quite simple to have it compile).

Ok. So, I think that in some tries you can make the kernel running.

Have good luke Bertrand !

Bye,

Miguel Beccari