On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 02:02:29PM -0800, Justin Christopher wrote:
> Yeah, I thought of WEP. It's all turned off... the
> wireless end of it is completely unsecured, but I
> still can't get a connection. I'll try the lines you
> suggest, but I'll need to reinstall first, because of
> the next one...

Well if you aren't using WEP those lines aren't necessary.

> WRT to the startup hang on "looking for internet
> connections to start at boot", I don't think it's a
> DHCP hang. It's about 10 lines BELOW the lines where
> DHCP fails on eth0 and eth1. I'll have to report back
> with exactly what the line says, but it is definitely
> far later in the boot process, long after it fails to
> bring up eth0 and eth1.
>
> BTW I gave it about 45 minutes, it never timed out -
> it stayed there 'forever'.

I wonder what's doing that.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty and democracy? - Ghandi