> going through drakconnect, i use the wizard, and select only adsl (is
> this right?) and put in my details... the same one's that work fine in
> OS X. it tries to connect, after 15seconds or so fails. it sends some
> data upstream and i can see it on the net monitor as well as the data
> led on the modem. (which had remained silent until then)
>
> any idea's? what should i be checking? and what about the question
> "does the network need to be restarted?" can this make a difference?

Sorry, forgot one problem I had when I set it up the first time.   The PPPD
value in /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf was set to NOTFOUND.  Edit that file as root and
change it to /usr/sbin/pppd.

The problem is that rpppoe is dialing your connection (thus the lights), but
the thing that actually makes it a network interface (pppd) is not starting.

rob