i just dumred pppd="/usr/sbin/pppd" into the pppoe.conf and everything is sweet!

Great!

i was wondering, should i be doing to the kernal? i want hfsplus support, and i'm a little confused about what exactly is going on there. all the references i checked in google are really old. the binary of hfs+ util is 9 months old. is the cvs reasonably stable?
the real question....
how do other people deal with hfs-plus?

HFS+ support is still in the early stages. The hfsplusutils package will give you basic read-only access to copy files from HFS+ to a mounted filesystem. The downside to them is you can't actually mount the HFS+ partition. You have to deal with some strage command line utilities.

The only way I know of actually mounting a HFS+ partition is a project on sourceforge (i forget the link). It's an actual kernel module that allows you to mount HFS+ partitions read only. Coincidentally, last night I made a build (rpm) of the benh kernel with the patch (they don't have binaries) from the project. I was using it briefly this morning and it seemed to work ok, except for a few problems playing mp3s.

oh, and which kernal do you reconmend?

I personally use the benh because I have hardware that is only supported with that kernel.

rob