Stew Benedict wrote:

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Ray Auge wrote:

Thanks,

But the "one person" I was referring to isn't me. All I've done aside from support here is the brief cooker HOWTO/Status I did a few weeks back, as well as packaging a 2.6benh kernel, available on my webspace.

More/faster hardware would certainly help, but you need to coordinate your effort with those already doing the work, as well as get blessing/access to be able to upload packages through the Paris cluster.

If you lack computing power wouldn't it be possible to write some scripts to download cooker SRPMs, build ppc-RPMs and upload them back on a repository automatically. Volunteers could launch the script on their idle cooker-ppc machines and that way easily contribute to the cooker-ppc effort.

Best,
Olivier