On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Olivier Grisel wrote:

> If you lack computing power wouldn't it be possible to write some
> scripts to download cooker SRPMs, build ppc-RPMs and upload them back on
> a repository automatically. Volunteers could launch the script on their
> idle cooker-ppc machines and that way easily contribute to the
> cooker-ppc effort.

Sure,

We just need to:

1) Manage the work, so folks aren't duplicating the work, and make sure
package B gets built after package A, etc.

2) Have some system of trust/control so the folks using the stuff can have
some degree of confidence that what they're downloading is in fact what it
represents itself to be.

Possibly some other issues I haven't thought of.  I think spreading the
build too thin across machines would tend the aggravate any build
sequencing issues, unless everyone involved stayed in very close sync with
each other.

MandrakeSoft